Karsu.fi finished in fifth place
Just befor six AM on fridayKarsu.fi reached the finish line. They defeted the Monster in five days, ninteen hours and fiftyseven minutes.
Was it worth it?
- (thinking) ...It is too soon to say right now, said a very tired team captain Olli-Pekka Holttinen.
- It was a really, really tough race, and like Mikael (race director) said Old School - long sections and rough terrain.
Did you like it?
- It´s nice to have a long race with high speed in the beginning, but for instance the third day the pace slowed down so you could only hike - that was quite nice. It was really hard and difficult. Maybe I was not expecting a race this hard.
Okey, but back to the questition: did you like it?
- Yes and no.
- The no part is not linked to the race. My team was not able to perform its best because of injuries.
- Yes because I like the general idea of having a race in a place like Lofoten, that place is really good. That area, and the Sarek area - that was the main reason we participated. I have never been in thoose areas before.
Then he and the rest of the team went away for a well deserved shower and som sleep.